Senior Solutions Architect, Healthcare
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Do you like helping customers implement innovative healthcare solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have experience architecting systems that handle healthcare data and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices and compliance standards for healthcare applications like HIPAA? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform for healthcare? Would you like to be part of a business development team that genuinely focuses on understanding what’s best for the customer and also be valued within AWS as a technical expert?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing Health Care business by working with Academic Medical Centers. Your focus will be helping customers perform medical research, run hospital systems, and support schools of medicine on the AWS cloud. You will do this by continually learning about the trends of the healthcare industry, the advancements of the IT industry, and the expanding landscape of AWS Services. You will use this knowledge to become a trusted advisor to your customers and to other Solutions Architects within AWS on healthcare solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s technical teams, and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. By helping your customers in academic medicine reach the next level using cloud computing you will be able to meaningfully and positively impact world health.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will use your deep technical knowledge to design and communicate solutions using Amazon's broad portfolio of services (e.g., machine learning, data analytics, high performance computing) directly with healthcare-focused customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. You will use your healthcare IT expertise to help customers migrate healthcare data to the cloud, perform big data analytics, design enterprise application solutions, and perform medical research. Staying on the forefront of innovation will also mean learning how to apply AI/ML to help with academic medicine’s biggest opportunities to change patient health outcomes.
· Basic qualifications
· 10+ years of enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture
· Prior experience creating healthcare solutions
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
· 4 + months of cloud computing experience using publicly available services
· Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
· Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
· Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
· Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as HIPAA
· Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.*
** For more information on AWS,
Loading some great jobs for you...